Method = 1
Calculates product markups based on either price or cost.
- Method: Computation based on price or cost. Profit margin computations are based on price; percent change computations are based on cost.
- Price: Selling or resale price.
- Cost: Cost to manufacture or purchase.
- Markup: Markup expressed as a percentage. For example, an 8.125% change would be entered as '8.125'. A positive value represents an increase while a negative one represents a decrease.
- Difference: Difference between the price and the cost.
The clothing is sold at a 25% markup on cost. What is the price if the cost is $29.99?
- Method: % Cost
- Cost: $29.99
- Markup: 25.0%
The price is $37.49.