Covered Call Options Calculator
Stock Symbol/Name =
Strike Price/Share =
Term = 1
Potential Profit =
Premium-Only APR =
Total APR =
- ++Validations++: not available, removed 'if(months<=0;"Months must be > 0";"")'
Covered call is an options strategy whereby an investor holds a long position in an asset and writes (sells) call options on that same asset in an attempt to generate increased income from the asset. This is often employed when an investor has a short-term neutral view on the asset and for this reason hold the asset long and simultaneously have a short position via the option to generate income from the option premium.
The results are intended to give rough estimates, not exact results.
[description source is [http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/coveredcall.asp|Investopedia].]
- Stock Symbol/Name: the name or symbol for the stock
- #Shares: number of shares of stock to be put up for covered call
- Price/Share: original price paid for each share of stock
- Strike Price/Share: price per share that will be paid if called
- Premium: premium paid
- Commission: commission paid to brokerage
- Months: number of months in Covered Call
- Premium%: percentage profit if only paid premium of Covered Call
- Potential Profit: total profit including Premium plus stock price profit if called
- Above%: percent profit if called
- Premium-Only APR%: annual percentage of premium paid only
- Total APR%: annual percentage if premium and called
Contributed by Jamey Halpin