Nitrogen (Fertilizer) Calculator
Nitrogen Content =
Estimates the bags of fertilizer needed to cover an area based on the concentration of nitrogen and bag size.
Fertilizer is labeled with three numbers indicating the key ingredients: Nitrogen (N) , Phosphorus (P), and Potassium (K). Nitrogen (N) is always listed first. The numbers represent the percentage weight of each element in the fertilizer formulation. Nitrogen, a key ingredient in plant growth and health, is usually added at the rate of lbs./sq. ft.
- Width: Width of the area to be fertilized.
- Length: Length of the area to be fertilized.
- Bag: Weight of the fertilizer bag to be used.
- Nitrogen Content: Concentration of the nitrogen in the bag (first number in series of 3).
- Coverage: Yield (coverage) of the bag to be used.
- Nitrogen/Bag: Amount of nitrogen per bag.
- Nitrogen: Nitrogen coverage per 1000 square feet.
- Desired: Desired concentration of nitrogen.
- #Bags: Number of bags of fertilizer needed to accomplish the desired concentration of nitrogen.
Estimate the bags of nitrogen based fertilizer needed for a lawn that is 120ft 8in wide and 220ft 8in long. The fertilizer to be used is 26-15-20 with a yield of 5000 square feet. The bag size is 19 lbs. The desired coverage is 3 pounds of nitrogen per 1000 square feet.
- Width: 120ft 8in
- Length: 220ft 8in
- Bag: 19lb
- Nitrogen Content: 26
- Coverage: 5,000ft²
- Nitrogen/Bag: 4.94
- Nitrogen: 0.988000ft² lbs/1000
- Desired: 3.00ft³ lbs/1000
18 bags are required for this lawn.