Doppler Effect Calculator
Frequency Heard =
Frequency Origin =
Air Temperature =
Velocity [Person] =
Velocity [Source] =
Calculates values for the Doppler effect. If the distance between a sound source and a listener is changing, the frequency heard will differ from the frequency emitted. This template calculates the difference.
- Frequency Heard: the frequency heard by the observer in Hz
- Frequency Origin: the frequency generated by the source in Hz
- Air Temperature: the air temperature in degrees F.
- Velocity [Person]: the speed of the observer in mph. The value should be negative if the observer is moving away from the source.
- Velocity [Source]: the speed of the source in mph. The value should be positive if the source is moving away from the observer.