Investment Return Calculator
Sell Value =
Buy Value = 0
Dividends = 0
Years = 1
Estimates the return of an investment given sell and buy values and dividends. Calculates both a total and annual return.
See the [https://.../t/3fbb3c96973c21053dcb | advanced investment return] template to also calculate actual return by incorporating fees and taxes.
- Sell Value: Value of the investment when sold.
- Buy Value: Value of the investment when purchased.
- Dividends: Amount of dividends received over the life of the investment.
- Years: Number of years the investment was held.
- Return: Total monetary (dollars or other currency) return of the investment.
- Return: Total return for the investment expressed as a percentage.
- CAGR: Compound annual growth rate for the investment. This can be used to compare multiple investments of different lengths. This number is not equal to total return divided by years because of the effect of compounding interest.
An investment purchased for $10,000 has been sold for $30,000. What's the annualized return if it was held for 10 years?
- Sell Value: 30,000.00
- Buy Value: 10,000.00
- Dividends: 0.00
- Years: 10
This investment averaged 11.612% per year.