One-Variable Statistics Calculator
Mean X =
Sum X =
Sum X² =
Std Dev X [sample] =
Std Dev X [pop] =
Variance X [sample] =
Variance X [pop] =
Minimum X =
1st Quartile =
Median X =
3rd Quartile =
Maximum X =
Range X =
Calculates descriptive statistics for one-variable data sets. Data includes mean, occurrences, sums, standard deviations, variances, medians, quartiles, minimums and maximums. Mean will be weighted average if occurrences are included.
Each data point can either be entered on a row or it can be entered as data point;occurrences on each row.
- Data: Data set (X) and optional occurrences for each data point. Each data point is on its own row. If occurrences included, each row in form data; occurrences.
- Occurrences: Total number of observations in the data set.
- Mean X: Mean of X values.
- Sum X: Sum of X values.
- Sum X²: Sum of squared X values.
- Std Dev X [sample]: Sample standard deviation (commonly denoted s).
- Std Dev X [pop]: Population standard deviation (commonly denoted sigma).
- Variance X [sample]: Sample variance (commonly denoted s²).
- Variance X [pop]: Population variance (commonly denoted sigma²).
- Minimum X: Minimum X value.
- 1st Quartile: Median point between minimum and the median values, the 25th percentile.
- Median X: Middle value in the ordered data, the 50th percentile.
- 3rd Quartile: Median point between the median and maximum values, the 75th percentile.
- Maximum X: Maximum X value.
- Range X: Difference between minimum and maximum values.
In the past four months, your company has sold 3750, 4250, 5650, and 4785 units. What's the mean units sold, what's the standard deviation for the sample, and how many total units have been sold?
A total of 18,435 units have been sold for an average (mean) of 4,608.75 per month and a standard deviation (sample) of 812.69.
Watching your search engine rankings, you have had the following rankings over the past 10 days: 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2. What is the weighted average of those rankings?
Note: these are entered as rankings;occurrences of ranking on each row. The last entry, 2, has no occurrences. It is assumed to be 1 occurrence.
Your weighted average ranking (mean) has been 3.6.
Std Dev X [sample]
Std Dev X [pop]
Variance X [sample]
Variance X [pop]