Spacing = 16
#Doors = 0
#Windows = 0
#Corners = 0
Total Wall Length =
Determine the estimated number of studs required for a wall or room. Options include windows, doors and corners (for room measurements).
- Walls: Length of each wall. To calculate studs for an entire room, also add Corners below.
- Spacing: Stud spacing measured on-center (from center of one stud to the next).
- #Doors: Number of doors in the wall.
- #Windows: Number of windows in the wall.
- #Corners: Number of corners in the wall.
- Studs: Number of studs required for the wall.
- Total Wall Length: Total length of all walls included in this calculation.
How many studs are needed for a 14'×12' room with 1 door and 2 windows? Assume the studs are 16" o.c. (Note that a 14'×12' room has two walls 14 feet, two walls 12 feet, and 4 corners.)
- Spacing: 16in o.c.
- #Doors: 1
- #Windows: 2
- #Corners: 4
You'll need 60 studs. The total wall length is 52ft.
Total Wall Length