Fence Estimator Calculator
Fence Length =
Post Distance = 72
#Rails = 3
Picket Width + Spacing = 6
#Gates = 0
Estimates the amount of materials required to build a fence. The fence includes posts, generally 4x4 treated lumber that is cemented in the ground, rails, which stretch from post to post, and pickets, which are attached to the rails.
- Fence Length: Length of the fence.
- Post Distance: Distance between posts. Distance is measured on-center (o.c.), from the middle of one post to the middle of the next.
- #Rails: Number of rails.
- Picket Width + Spacing: Total width of the picket plus the spacing between pickets.
- #Gates: Number of gates along the fence line.
- Posts: Number of posts required to build the fence.
- Rails: Number of rails required to build the fence.
- Pickets: Number of pickets required to build the fence.
- Fasteners: Number of fasteners required to attach the rails to the posts.
- Nails: Number of nails required to nail the fasteners to the posts.
- Screws: Number of screws required to attach the pickets to the rails.
How much material is required to build a 40'6" fence? Posts are 6' apart, there will be 3 rails between posts and the pickets plus spacing is 6". There is also a gate on the fence.
- Fence Length: 40ft 6in
- Post Distance: 6ft
- #Rails: 3
- Picket Width + Spacing: 6in
- #Gates: 1
You'll need 9 posts, 24 rails, 83 pickets, 48 fasteners, 144 nails and 498 screws.
Picket Width + Spacing