Profit Margin Calculator
Tax Rate = 0
After Tax =
Calculates profit margin with an added tax amount.
- Cost: Cost to manufacture or purchase.
- Price: Sale or resale price.
- Margin: Gross profit margin expressed as a percentage. For example, an 8.125% change would be entered as '8.125'. A positive value represents an increase while a negative one represents a decrease.
- Tax Rate: tax rate expressed as a percentage.
- After Tax: price after tax is added to the Price.
- Difference: Difference between the price and cost.
Your division contributes $724,500,000 in revenue. The costs associated with revenue (cost of goods sold) is $580,000,000. What is the profit margin?
- Cost: $580,000,000
- Price: $724,500,000
Select = on Margin% row. The profit margin is 19.945%.
If the tax rate is 5%, what is the price to charge customers?
- Tax Rate: 5.0%
Select = on After Tax row. The after tax amount is $760,725,000.