Certificate of Deposit Calculator
Initial Deposit =
Months = 6
Interest/Year = 0
Compounds/Year = 12
Ending Balance =
APY = 0
Interest Earned =
Calculates the value of a CD (Certificate of Deposit). Calculates both Ending Balance and Annual Percentage Yield (APY). APY is used for comparing CDs of different interest rates and compounding periods per year.
- Initial Deposit: Initial, starting balance of the CD.
- Months: Number of months for the CD to reach maturity.
- Interest/Year: Stated interest rate for the CD expressed as a percentage.
- Compounds/Year: How often the CD compounds interest.
- Ending Balance: Ending balance of the CD.
- APY: Annual Percentage Yield, expressed as a percentage. This is the interest rate with compounding periods per year taken into consideration. Use APY% to compare CDs of different time lengths and interest rates.
- Interest Earned: Amount of interest earned over the life of the investment.
What's the ending balance and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for a 2%, 6 month, $25,000 CD that compounds monthly?
- Initial Deposit: 25,000
- Months: 6
- Interest/Year: 2
- Compounds/Year: Monthly
The CD would pay back $25,251.04 at an APY of 2.018%.
Annual Percentage Yield