Paint Estimator Calculator
Total Length =
Total Height or Width =
Surface = 400
#Coats = 2
Can Size = 1
Estimates the number of gallons, quarts or pints required to paint a room, house or other structure. This is rounded up to the closest whole units.
- Total Length: Total length of the wall. For a room or multiple walls, add all of the wall lengths together.
- Total Height or Width: Total height of the wall or width of the ceiling.
- Surface: Choose between smooth or rough surface.
- #Coats: Number of coats applied.
- Can Size: Choose between gallon, quart, or pint.
- #Cans: Number of cans (size selected above).
How many cans (gallons) of paint is required for a 15×12' room with 10' high ceilings? The walls are smooth and will require 2 coats.
- Total Length: 54ft [15ft + 15ft + 12ft + 12ft]
- Total Height or Width: 10ft
- Surface: Smooth
- #Coats: 2
- Can Type: Gallons
You'll need approximately 3 gallons of paint. Less could be required depending on the size of the room's windows and doors.
Total Height or Width