Triangle Solver Calculator
a (rise) = 0
b (run) = 0
c (rake) = 0
A° = 0.0000
B° = 0.0000
C° = 0.0000
Area & Perimeter
Area = 0
Perimeter = 0
Solves various triangles.
A definition of various triangle types:
- SSS: Enter side a, side b, side c then select angles A, B, C.
- SAS: Enter side b, angle C, side a then select hypotenuse (rake) or side c.
- AAS: Enter any two angles plus one side.
Always calculate the third angle before the two remaining sides.
- SSA: This type of triangle can have two solutions, one solution or no solution.
- SSS: With this triangle if the two sides a, and b combined, or (a+b) is less than or equal to the hypotenuse (rake), then there is no solution.
- Area and Perimeter: Calculated with units and precision that can be changed.
Contributed by Gary Wiese.
Find the length of rafters with a roof pitch of 4:12.
-Enter a 4in Rise
-Enter a 12in Run
-Enter 90 degrees for C
Select Rake, angles A and B.
-Rake = 1ft 5/8
-A = 18.4349°
-B = 71.5651°
Change Run to 15 feet and select Rise and then Rake.
Rise is now 5ft and Rafter length is 15ft 9&3/4in or 15ft 9&47/64in.
Need to know the angle of a stairway with a rise of 6in and run of 9in.
Enter 90 for angle C then select Rake, angle A and angle B.
-Rake = 10&13/16in
-A = 33.6901°
-B = 56.3099°
Change the rise to 8" and select Rake, angles A and B.
-Rake = 1ft 1/16in
-A = 41.6335°
Enter Rise 5ft 6&1/2in, Run 8ft 4&3/4in, and Rake 9ft 5&3/4in. (This is an oblique triangle.)
-Angle A = 35.4684°
-Angle B = 61.5348°
-Angle C = 82.9968°
All the angle will total 180°.