General Loan Calculator
Loan Amount =
Timing = 12
Begin Period = 1
End Period = 1
Interest Paid = 0
Principal Paid = 0
Payment Paid = 0
End Balance = 0
Amortization Table =
Calculate a variety of loans and mortgages.
- Loan Amount: Amount of the loan.
- Interest/Year: Annual interest rate expressed as a percentage.
- Term: Number of months or years for the loan.
- Payment: Periodic payment amount. How often this amount is paid is indicated by Payment Timing.
- Timing: How often payments are made and interest is compounded.
Note that this template compounds interest at the same time as the payment. This is different than the Mortgage or Auto Loan templates, for instance.
- Begin Period: Starting period to calculate the amortization information.
- End Period: Ending period to calculate the amortization information.
- Interest Paid: Total interest paid over the amortization period.
- Principal Paid: Total principal paid over the amortization period.
- Payment Paid: Total payments made over the amortization period.
- End Balance: Balance at the end of the amortization period.
- Amortization Table
Amortizations always round to 2 decimal places.
A loan for $50,000 at 6% interest over 3 years needs to be repaid monthly. How much is the payment?
- Loan Amount: 50,000.00
- Interest/Year: 6.000%
- Term: 3.0 years
- Timing: Monthly
The monthly payment is $1,521.10.