Regular Withdrawals Calculator
Initial Value =
Years = 20
Withdrawal Timing = 12
Withdrawal Amount =
Future Value =
- ++Validations++: not available, removed 'if(years<=0;"Years must be > 0";"")'
Calculate the value of an account or net worth when taking regular withdrawals. This calculation is important for retirees living on a fixed income.
See the [https://.../t/df51c33d52ade989929a | advanced regular withdrawals] template for advanced what if scenario analysis, consider alternative withdrawal schedules, and run amortization schedules.
- Initial Value: Initial value of the account (i.e., the amount in savings).
- Years: Number of years of withdrawals.
- Interest/Year: Average, annual interest rate earned on the remaining funds, expressed as a percentage.
- Withdrawal Amount: Amount withdrawn at each withdrawal period as indicated by Withdrawal Timing. It is assumed that withdrawals occur at the beginning of each month.
- Future Value: Value of account after withdrawals.
A client is set to retire and wants to maintain his current lifestyle. If the client has saved $6 million, wishes to withdraw $30,000 per month, and expects a 5% return on remaining investments, how much will his account be worth after 25 years?
- Initial Value: $6,000,000.00
- Interest/Year: 5.000%
- Withdrawal Amount: $30,000.00
There will be $3 million remaining in the client's account after 25 years.