Board Feet Calculator
Pieces = 1
Board Feet =
Price/Board Foot =
Total Cost =
Estimates board feet of lumber given the dimensions and number of pieces. A board foot is a unit of measure 1 foot in length by 1 foot in width by 1 inch in thickness. It is often abbreviated as FBM, BDFT or BF.
- Height: Height for a board (i.e., a 2x4x8 has a height of 2in).
- Width: Width for a board (i.e., a 2x4x8 has a width of 4in).
- Length: Length for a board (i.e., a 2x4x8 has a width of 8ft).
- Pieces: Number of pieces of lumber.
- Board Feet: Board Foot Measurement.
- Price/Board Foot: Price expressed on a per board foot basis.
- Total Cost: Cost of the materials.
How many board feet is there in 5 2x4x12s?
- Height: 2in
- Width: 4in
- Length: 12ft
- Pieces: 5
There are 40 Board Feet.
If the price per board foot is $6.50 for the example above, how much will the total price be?
- Price/Board Foot: $6.50
The total price is $260.00 for 5BF.
Board Feet Measurement