Factorial [x!] =
Items [n] =
Number [r] =
Permutations [nPr] =
Combinations [nCr] =
Calculates various probabilities: factorial, permutations and combinations.
- Value: "x" in x!
- Factorial [x!]: Factorial of 'Value'.
- Items [n]: Number of items or objects.
- Number [r]: Number of items or objects taken at one time.
- Permutations [nPr]: Number of permutations. Used when several choices are made from the same set and the order they are chosen matters. Both numbers will be converted to whole numbers.
- Combinations [nCr]: Number of combinations. Used when several choices are made from the same set and the order they are chosen does not matters. Both Items and Number will be converted to whole numbers.
What's the factorial of 6?
- Value: 6
The factorial of 6 is 720.
If there are 8 cards, how many combinations of 3 can there be?
- Items [n]: 8
- Number [r]: 3
There can be 56 combinations.