Affinity Laws Calculator
Speed1 = 1200
Speed2 = 1800
Calculates a pump's flow, head and power based on the laws of Affinity given a future speed from initial speed, flow, head and power. Speed is shaft speed.
- Speed1: original pump speed r
- Speed2: future pump speed R
- Flow1: original pump flow f
- Flow2: future pump flow F
- Head1: original pump head h
- Head2: future pump head H
- Power1: original pump power p
- Power2: future pump power P
Contributed by Jerry Meyer.
Given a 1200 rpm pump shaft speed what happens if you change the pump motor to a higher speed 1800 rpm motor? Initial flow is 20 gpm, Head is 50 feet and horsepower is 10 hp. Assume you keep the same impeller diameter.
Power2: 33.75 You will need a larger motor